Wednesday 2 January 2013

Easy day

And so while I work out how regular a blog would keep me on track (and not be too boring), I'm going to write probably more often than I need to.

Very quiet day.  Recovery from yesterday's effort is coming along fine.  Legs a little heavy and lower quads aching a little but not too bad once warmed up.  And of course running with Steve means the Easy Pace I'm supposed to be sticking to (5:51min/km) were pretty much shot by 30 seconds per kilometre.  No big issue but I will need to be more disciplined at some point in the training plan.

And after 18 months and extremely limited success, I think I am ready to give up on my heart rate strap.  I regularly get consistent readings over 220 bpm and it means the good intentions I had to train with heart rate zones or use heart rate to track improved efficiency at a set pace have to be pretty much thrown out of the window.  I've worked through all suggestions offered thus far, adjusting the position of the strap (many, many times), licking the strap, multiple replacements of the battery (to check the various positions also being tried) and most recently, a heart rate gel to improve connectivity.  I'm giving it to the end of the week before looking for a replacement HRM.  Life is short and I'd like to be able to concentrate on something more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment