Saturday 30 January 2016

2016 Races 1. 2016 DNSs 2

And what was an infection then became the cause of an unplanned surgery...

The procedure to the shoulder was minor and things could have been a lot worse.  Unfortunately, the recovery is going to rule out a 50 mile run in a week's time.  It has also put paid to the daily run for the present time.

So, without even leaving Jaunary that is two races I'm manging to DNS and pretty much all of the running "resolutions" I had down the pan.  Bother.  On the upside, my training in January had been pretty good on the whole and I'm expecting to get a few little runs in during the couple of weeks I need to let the wound heal.  With a bit of luck, many of the other racing plans for the year are still doable.

Now, with idle time on my hands, how do I stop myself from sitting here signing up for countless races later in the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment